Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Balancing Everything



Pictured above is a 3D puzzle globe that should function as a globe we can use for geography, history, etc. Until now, we've been using Google Earth, which is cool but not quite the same as spinning a globe in your hand. It's 540 pieces and we finished about a third of it today. Not bad considering that it arrived this afternoon!

I'm not sure what happened this morning but we had a weird vibe this morning so we lounged around. Then attended a community musical theater class. Upon returning, we opened the globe and that was the bulk of school for the day. We did do a science lab on the water cycle after dinner though! I'm finding that as mom and teacher, I have to balance when to push and when to let things loosen up a but. There isn't a buffer. There isn't a teacher to send her off to every day when there is a bad mood at home.

With the other 2, there is a balance of attention giving that I need to be conscious of now. Not to mention the house and other various life issues. I'm trying to figure out holiday shopping and other things that I used to do when all the kids were in school! And, I have to remember to take some quiet time or I am a lunatic by Friday night!

And yes, as I'm writing this, I'm surrounded by 500 baskets of clean laundry. I'll just buy another basket or 2.......

No comments:

Post a Comment