Saturday, January 10, 2015

Math isn't literal...


We started back with academics this week after deschooling since September.
He was less than thrilled honestly. My daughter was happy to get back into it though.
He finally sat with me to do a math lesson. But, he wanted to work in the workbook and not on the computer. This surprised me but we went ahead. 
Then he got stuck. The problem was: 
6-1= _____
His answer was 6. Now, this is review and I know he has done this basic stuff before. So, I pulled out pennies and he got the answer right. But, back to the worksheet and he still says 6. 
I asked him why his answer was 6. He looked at me and then covered the number 1 with his finger and said the 6 is still there. 
He definitely sees things in a different way! 


No comments:

Post a Comment