Monday, July 6, 2015

A Rough Start to our Summer!

For the past month, I've been having back pain which I attributed to exercise and being almost 40. Well, after weeks of worsening pain which included a trip to the ER, I found myself in an MRI machine.

Immediately, after the MRI results were read, I found myself going to the ER again. After hours of sitting in pain, I was admitted. It turns out that I somehow ended up with an infection that traveled through my blood and decided to move into my spinal chord. I came pretty close to paralysis or worse.

There was a week long hospital stay which included a pretty painful spinal biopsy, that I was awake for.

I'm now home but attached to a machine that will dispense antibiotics every 4 hours for the next 6 weeks. I wish I could say that I'm having a positive attitude about still being here and being able to walk but I'm not there yet.

I'm still in a lot of pain and I'm angry. I was exercising and trying to eat (mostly) healthy and I'm sitting here in pain and no one knows how or why this happened. Our summer is certainly not going how I hoped it would!


No comments:

Post a Comment